A quick coffee break around the SOFA [South A Street] Arts District provides food for thought, for the soul, the senses and yes, for a hungry stomach as well.
SOFA is a quiet hamlet located in the heart of Sonoma County, California’s largest city, Santa Rosa. Here, visual, theatrical, literary, conceptual and culinary artists breathe in imagination and exhale creation in a maze of approximately 40 artist studios concentrated within a one-block area.
These photo+graphics by Peach Farm Studio were prepared to help promote our neighborhood.
Photos from top to bottom feature:
- “Open A” sign in front of Gallery of Sea and Heaven during the SOFA Stroll, a monthly Open Studio event.
- A light box by photographer Meghan Rhodes on exhibit at Atlas Coffee.
- An original “Winterblast” snowflake on display in the window at Jeremiah’s Photo Corner.
- Jewelry by Jamie Jean on exhibit at Jam Jar Studio.
- The “Backstreet Gallery” easel in Art Alley pointing the way to the not-so-secret hideout of the Backstreet Gallery Studios’ artists.
- Painting by Jack Jones on the wall in Jack’s studio.
- Devilishly delicious Kim Chee Deviled Eggs at Spinster Sisters.
- Collage and Encaustic Painting by Molly Perez.
- Mural on the wall in Art Alley by Daniel Doughty and Nick Jensen of ArtStart.
(For more about SOFA [SOUTH OF A STREET] ARTS DISTRICT, click here.)